1. Candidates must use only the form supplied with the information Brochure purchased from any of the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices listed. Form should be purchased from designated post offices only and not from any other agency. Candidates must use the form supplied with the Information Brochure only and they should in no case use photocopy/reproduction/unauthorisedly printed copy of the Form. The form will NOT be supplied by the Commission's office.
2. The application form must be filled in by the candidates in their own handwriting. Since this form will be processed on computerised machines, candidates should exercise due care in handling and filling up the application form. They should use HB pencil only to darken the circles. For writing in the boxes, they should use blue or black pen.
Since the entries made by the candidates by darkening the circles will be taken into account while processing the applications on computerised machines, they should make these entries very carefully and accurately. Entries in the boxes are meant for confirmatory purposes and these should also, therefore, be made correctly. There should be no variation between the entries made by the candidates by darkening the circles and those written in the accompanying boxes.
3. Candidates should ensure that the signatures appended by them in all the places viz. in their application form, Attendance List etc. and in all the correspondence with the Commission, should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind. If any variation is found in the signatures appended by him at different places, his candidature will be liable to be cancelled by the Commission.
4. No change in the entries made in original application form will be allowed under any circumstances.
5. The candidates are advised in their own interest to ensure that the applications reach the Commission's Office on or before the closing date. Applications received in the Commission's Office after the closing date will not be considered.
6. While filling in his application form, the candidate should carefully decide about his choice for the centre for the examination. More than one application from a candidate giving different centres will not be accepted in any case. Even if a candidate sends more than one completed application, the Commission will accept only one application at their discretion and the Commission's decision in the matter shall be final.
7. On the Acknowledgement Card, the candidates should write their application form No. (as printed below the bar code on the form) and the name of examination viz. "Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2005" as applicable in your case. They should also write clearly and legibly their mailing address on the Acknowledgement Card. A postage stamp of Rs. 6/- should be affixed on the card. The Acknowledgement Card should not be stapled or pinned or tagged or pasted with the Application Form.
Eligibility Conditions (in brief)
(i) Age limits :
21-30 years as on 1.1.2005. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).
(ii) Educational Qualifications :
For Indian Economic Service-A Post-graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics.
< b>For Indian Statistical Service - A Post-graduate degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics.
(See para 3(III) of Notice)
(iii) Fee : Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) (No fee for SCs/STs/Physically Handicapped only) (Ref. Para 4 of Notice)
Instructions to candidates for filling up the Application Form for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2005.
Side 1 of Application Form
Column 1 : Examination for which applying Darken the circle against "IES", if you are applying for Indian Economic Service or "ISS", if you are applying for Indian Statistical Service. In the box pertaining to Name of examination, write IES or ISS as the case may be, starting from the first box on the left. Also write 2005 in the boxes meant for year of examination.
Column 2 : Fee
If you have paid the requisite fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One hundred only), darken circle 1 and write 1 in the box; or
If you have not paid the fee and are claiming fee remission as SC, ST or Physically Handicapped, darken circle 2 and write 2 in the box.
N.B. : Fee is payable only in the form of Central Recruitment Fee Stamp, as per instructions against Column 12.
Column 3 : (I) Whether Physically Handicapped?
If you are not a physically handicapped person, darken circle 1 for No and write 1 in the box; or
If you are a physically handicapped person, darken circle 2 for yes and write 2 in the box.
(II) If yes, indicate category
Fill up this Column only if your answer to Column 3(I) is yes.
If you are Orthopaedically handicapped, darken circle 1
and write 1 in the box; or
If you are Blind, darken circle 2 and write 2 in the box; or
If you are Deaf-Mute, darken circle 3 and write 3 in the box.
Column 4 : Community
If you belong to SC, darken circle 1 and write 1 in the box; or
If you belong to ST, darken circle 2 and write 2 in the box; or
If you belong to OBC, darken circle 3 and write 3 in the box; or
If you belong to General Category (Others), darken circle 4 and write 4 in the box.
Note 1 : Candidates belonging to OBCs but coming in the Creamy Layer and thus not being entitled to OBC reservation should indicate their community as "General Category (Others) Code No. 4".
Note 2 : Candidates belonging to neither SC, ST, nor OBC communities should write Code No. 4 (General Category) against the Column for Community and not leave it blank.
Note 3 : No change in the community status indicated by a candidate in his/her application form for the Examination will ordinarily be allowed by the Commission at a subsequent stage.
Column 5 : Sex If you are Male, darken circle 1 and write 1 in the box; or If you are Female, darken circle 2 and write 2 in the box;
Column 6 : Nationality If you are an Indian national, darken circle 1 and write 1 in the box; or If you are not an Indian national, darken circle 2 and write 2 in the box.
Column 7 : Name of the candidate
For filling up this column, first write in the boxes your full name (in English) in capital letters exactly as recorded in your Matriculation/High School/Secondary or equivalent examination certificate. Write a single letter in a box. Leave a box blank between any two parts of the name. Then darken the corresponding circle below each letter. Do not darken a circle below a blank box. Do not overshoot the boxes. Abbreviate name only if necessary. Do not use any prefix such as shri, Kum., Dr. etc with your name.
See sample filled up form in the brochure for guidance.
Column 8 : Date of Birth
Darken the appropriate circles for the day, month and year of your birth as recorded in your Matriculation/High School/Secondary or equivalent examination certificate. Then write in the boxes using numerals 01 to 31 for day; numerals 01 to 12 for month and the last two digits for the year of birth.
See sample filled up form in the brochure for guidance.
Column 9 : Father's Name
Write your father's name (in English) in capital letters. Write a single letter in each box. Leave a box blank between any two parts of the name. Do not use any prefix such as Shri, Dr. etc. with the name.
Column 10 : Address
Write your complete mailing address including your name in English capital letters or Hindi within the box provided for the purpose. Also write the PIN Code therein. Write with blue or black ball pen only. Do not write outside the box. Please note that this address will be photocopied as such in all letters to be sent to you and therefore, it should be very clearly and legibly written.
If you make any mistake in writing the address, cover the whole box with an exact sized white paper slip and rewrite your address on that.
Column 11 : Photograph
Paste firmly in the space provided your recent photograph (preferebly black and white) of 4 cm. x 5 cm. size. Do not staple the photograph. Photograph should neither be signed by you nor it should be got attested.
Column 12 : Space for CRF Stamp
Fee to be paid for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination is Rs. 100/- (Rupees One hundred only). SC/ST and Physically Handicapped candidates are not required to pay any fee. No fee exemption is however available to OBC candidates and they are required to pay the prescribed full fee.
Fee is payable only through Central Recruitment Fee Stamp (Not postage stamps). No other mode of payment is acceptable. Obtain only one single CRF Stamp of Rs. 100/- denomination from the post office and paste it firmly within the box. After pasting the CRF Stamp on the form, get it cancelled from the post office of purchase in the space provided. Do not staple the CRF Stamp.
Side 2 of Application Form
Column 13 : (I) Are you residing in a remote area or abroad
If you are residing in a remote area specified in Para 6 of the Notice of the Examination or abroad, darken circle 1 for Yes and write 1 in the box; or
If you are not residing in a specified remote area/abroad, darken circle 2 for No and write 2 in the box.
N.B. : Candidates residing in a remote area specified in the Notice of the Examination or abroad are entitled to one week's additional time for submission of application form.
(II) If yes, indicate area code :
Darken the appropriate circles for the area code as given below and then write the same code in the boxes.
AREA CODE FOR REMOTE AREAS AND ABROAD
|Assam||01||Jammu & Kashmir||09|
|Meghalaya||02||Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh||10|
|Nagaland||06||Andman & Nicobar Island||11|
Column 14 : Examination Centre Code
Choose the Examination Centre from the list given below where you wish to appear and see its code. Darken the appropriate circles and then write the same code in the boxes. Do not indicate more than one centre.
List of centres of Examination
Column 15 : Educational Qualification Code
Codes prescribed for educational qualification are as follows :
|01||If you have Passed/Appeared/ Appearing in the Post Graduate Degree Examination in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics.|
|02||If you have Passed/ Appeared/ Appearing in the Post Graduate Degree Examination in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics.|
Choose the correct code applicable in your case and darken the appropriate circles. Write the same code in the boxes.
Column 16 : (I) Whether claiming age relaxation
If you are claiming age relaxation, darken circle 1 for Yes and write 1 in the box; or
If you are not claiming age relaxation, darken circle 2 for No and write 2 in the box.
(II) If Yes, indicate category code
Fill up this Column only if your response to Column 16(I) is Yes.
Darken the appropriate circles for category code given below and then write the same code in the boxes.
Category - Codes for Claiming Age Relaxation
(Refer Para 3(II) (b) of Commission's Notice published in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar)
|Code No.||Category||Extent of Age Relaxation Permissible|
|01.||SC and ST||5 years|
|03||Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.||10 years|
|04||Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons + SC/ST||15 years|
|05||Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons + OBC||13 years|
|06||Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|07||Defence Services Personnel(as against Code No. 06) + SC/ST||8 years|
|08||Defence Services Personnel(as against Code No. 06) + OBC 6 years|
|09||Ex-Servicemen including Commissioned offices and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st January, 2005 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st January, 2005) otherwise than by way of dismi-ssal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency;or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service; or (iii) on invalidment.||5 years|
|10||Ex-Servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs (as against Code No. 09) + SC/ST||10 years|
|11||Ex-Servicemen including + OBC Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs (as against Code No. 09)||8 years|
|12||ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st January,2005 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.||5 years|
|13||ECOs/SSCOs (as againstCode No. 12) + SC/ST||10 years|
|14||ECOs/SSCOs (as againstCode No. 12) + OBC||8 years|
|15||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989||5 years|
|16||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J & K (as against Code No. 15) + SC/ST||10 years|
|17||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J & K (as against Code No. 15) + OBC||8 years|
Columns 17 to 22 :
Candidates applying for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination are not required to fill any of these columns. They should therefore, leave these columns blank.
Column 23 : Declaration
The candidate must read the declaration carefully before signing. In Sub-para (i), the candidate must fill up the Examination Notice number viz. 11/2005 and date of publication of Notice in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar viz., 11.06.2005 in the spaces provided before the asterisk marks.
Column 24 : Signature of candidate
Make your usual signature in blue or black ball pen within the box provided. Your signature must not overflow or touch the border of the box provided. Do not merely write your name in capitals letters in place of signature. Unsigned applications will be rejected.
Also write the place and date of signing the form in the spaces provided for the purpose.
Verify the following before mailing the application
1. That you have used the application form purchased from the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices only.
2. That you have filled in all the relevant columns of the application form by blackening the appropriate circles and also writing the corresponding code(s) in boxes. It may be carefully checked that there is no variation between the entries made by you by darkening the circles and those written in the accompanying boxes.
3. That you have pasted your recent photograph (unsigned and unattested) in column 11 of the application form.
4. That in case you are required to pay fee, you have pasted a Central Recruitment Fee Stamp of Rs. 100/- denomination in column 12 of the application form and have got it cancelled from the Post Office.
5. That you have signed in column 24 of the application form.
6. That only one application form and one acknowledgement card is being mailed in the envelope supplied to you with the Brochure and no other enclosure is attached therewith.
7. That you have written the name of examination viz., "Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2005" on the envelope meant for despatch of application form and acknowledgement card.